Data Protection Notice
What personal information do we collect?
We collect various types of information about our users in connection with the services or products provided through the RTS Intercoms Website (collectively, the “Services”), including:
- Information we collect directly from you (i.e., when given by you);
- Information we collect indirectly from you (i.e., collected when you use the RTS Intercoms Website or Services); and
- Information we obtain from third-party sources.
We also may collect information in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent.
Why do we collect personal information and how is it used?
- Fulfilling or meeting the reason you provided the information.
- Technical administration of Bosch and Bosch affiliate websites, mobile applications and/or services.
- Maintaining the safety, security, and integrity of our websites, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- Customer, vendor, licensor and/or supplier administration, review and/or reports.
- Administering, maintaining, personalizing and improving Bosch and Bosch affiliates’ mobile applications, products and services, including, without limitation, to authenticate users, process payments, provide requested services, provide optional additional services and to develop new features, products and/or services.
- Providing customer service.
- Responding to submitted inquiries and customer service requests and other questions and/or comments.
- For the U.S., this data may be used for marketing and analytic purposes.
- Compliance with legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- Evaluating or conducting a merger, sale of assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of any Bosch business, asset or opportunity by, with or into another business, entity or company.
Bosch will not collect or use personal information for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice (or obtaining your consent, where required by applicable laws in the relevant jurisdiction).
Is personal information shared or disclosed?
Bosch may share your information with:
- Bosch affiliated entities,
- service providers, vendors, consultants, suppliers, licensors, marketing, partners and other partners and entities performing work on Bosch’s behalf, as follows:
- relevant authorities in accordance with, and as Bosch deems required, necessary and/or appropriate by, or in connection with, applicable law, regulation, court order or legal process;
What are the risks?
- Bosch security measures are being continuously improved in accordance with the state of technological developments, however, absolute protection is not possible. However, we cannot guarantee the security of information posted or transmitted using the RTS Intercoms Website.
What else should you know?
- Your personal information will be stored in secure locations, including the Bosch Data Center in Mt Prospect, IL and accessible to Bosch affiliated entities, including Bosch’s parent company in Germany, Robert Bosch GmbH; Bosch third party service providers, vendors, consultants, suppliers, licensors, marketing partners and other partners and entities performing work on Bosch’s behalf.
- In some circumstances, you also may have a right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal data (e.g., pursuant to local law).
The protection of your privacy is an important concern to which we pay special attention. We process Personal Information collected during your visit to the RTS Intercoms Website and use of Services in compliance with this Notice and all applicable laws and regulations. Data protection and information security are part of Bosch corporate policy.
Notice to Canadian Users:
Please note that by using the Website/Application and/or voluntarily providing your Personal Information to us, as applicable, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information as described in this Notice. If you do not consent to the processing of your Personal Information in accordance with this Notice, please do not access or continue to use the RTS Intercoms Website or otherwise provide any Personal Information to us.
This Notice covers our treatment of (1) personally identifiable information, as defined by numerous statutes in the United States ( “PII Laws”), (2) personal information, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), and (3) personal information, as defined by Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and any applicable substantially similar provincial legislation (“Canadian Privacy laws”) (collectively, “Personal Information”) which we gather when you are accessing, viewing, completing, or using this RTS Intercoms Website or our Services.
III. Collection of Personal Information
The RTS Intercoms Website has collected the following Personal Information from users of the RTS Intercoms Website within the last twelve (12) months: